Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite L45 Recovery stops at 17% - ERROR: 10-FC12-045D - Recovery error

1. Satellite L45 Recovery stops at 17% - ERROR: 10-FC12-045D - Recovery error
    Beginner
    Well, the other day, my L45 froze up, so I restarted it - to find that an OS file was missing.

So I tried the system restore, and it ran until the end where it said it had a problem and closed.
    Then I tried the recovery discs. It ran all of disc 1, moved on to disc 2, started restoring, and then stopped at 17% restored.
    I tried the discs several more times and it always stops at 17% and gives me "ERROR : 10-FC12-045D" - "Recovery error".

I have looked everywhere for what this error is specific to, but have gotten no results.

2. Re: Satellite L45 Recovery stops at 17% - ERROR: 10-FC12-045D - Recovery error
    Master
    I really do not believe you can find explanation for this error because Toshiba use RECO software for OS installation. My experience says that in such case there are two possibilities: either is recovery CD/DVD defective or the HDD make some problems.

I recommend you to obtain original Microsoft installations CD and try to install clean Windows to see if the installations procedure ends properly. If not maybe is really HDD defective and after 17% there is some defective sector.

Check it out. Anyway I recommend you to contact authorized service provider in your country. They can say for sure what is wrong there.

3. Re: Satellite L45 Recovery stops at 17% - ERROR: 10-FC12-045D - Recovery error
    Scholar
    Hello

I agree with Mike. To be honest I do not see many possibilities there. If possible try to contact nearest Toshiba service and they can test it with other recovery CD. Believe me it is really not easy to say for sure why this happen.