Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro A60 - Where to buy the Recovery CD

1. Satellite Pro A60 - Where to buy the Recovery CD
    Beginner
    Hi newbie here.
    I have a Satellite Pro A60 and am giving it to my son for his college stuff.
    I want to reinstall XP Pro but i can't find the CD that came with the laptop as we have moved house ect.

Is there any where where I can buy one from for the laptop so i can make it like new so he can use it how he wants?

Many thanks

2. Re: Satellite Pro A60 - Where to buy the Recovery CD
    Master
    Yes, you can order such CD from the authorized service provider in your country!!!

Just contact the guy and order it. It shouldn’t be very expensive.

Best regards

3. Re: Satellite Pro A60 - Where to buy the Recovery CD
    Scholar
    Maybe you will be lucky and the ASP will be able to order recovery CDs for this older notebook model. If not you can use Microsoft installations CD and make your own installation. All necessary drivers , tools and utilities you can find on Toshiba support page under http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Download.

Bye and good luck!

4. Re: Satellite Pro A60 - Where to buy the Recovery CD
    Beginner
    Did you laptop come XP sevice pack 1 or service pack 2? If it came with service pack 2 you can order one directly from toshiba, if it came with Service pack 1 then you will need to install a retail copy of XP and download the drivers via the link provided in the last reply.