Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A200 - slow flash cards

1. Satellite A200 - slow flash cards
    Beginner
    I have a Toshiba A200 1s5 notebook with Vista Home Premium preinstalled. c2d t5250@1.5Ghz, 2GB RAM.

The problem is that flash cards utility is very slow. It takes quite a lot of time from when I press the FN button until the cards appear. Plus the entire utility runs slow. Sometimes it won't even appear. I understood you really need these flash cards to use the function keys without which they won't work.

Is there any known issues with this utility or should I just try reinstalling it? I have this problem since I bought the notebook and I never did a reinstall or a recovery. So all the software that came with it is original.

Excuse my bad English.

2. Re: Satellite A200 - slow flash cards
    Master
    Hello

It is known that previous version is pretty slow. Toshiba has offered new version and now it works fast. Please remove preinstalled Value Added Package and install latest version that you can find on Toshiba download page.

Bye

3. Re: Satellite A200 - slow flash cards
    Beginner
    I just downloaded and installed the latest version of the VAP but the Fn key doesn't work.

It worked perfectly before, but i tried installed the Flash Card support utility and it uninstalled the older version and the new version gives an error that the serial number is not correct.

Can someone please help me?

4. Re: Satellite A200 - slow flash cards
    Aficionado
    *@ salaah*
    > uninstalled the older version and the new version gives an error that the serial number is not correct.
    The error message appears because you used a wrong version!!!

5. Re: Satellite A200 - slow flash cards
    Beginner
    Wrong version of the Value Added Package or the Flash Card support?

Because i installed the 6 button version for my A200-24b.

Can u please help me?

6. Re: Satellite A200 - slow flash cards
    Beginner
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=31746&tstart=0

Apparently others are having the same problem as well.

I have the Series A200 PSAE6E laptop as well.

Is it a software problem?

7. Re: Satellite A200 - slow flash cards
    Aficionado
    Wait… did you use the Vista from the Recovery CD or did you install own higher version. If you have installed a higher vista version then it’s possible that the Flash cards doesn’t run with this OS version.

Regarding your flash card button question;
    Please count the Toshiba buttons on your notebook. If your notebook supports 6 buttons then you have to choose the 6 buttons version.

8. Re: Satellite A200 - slow flash cards
    Beginner
    This is a brand new laptop with factory installed OS. I tried to install the latest version of Flash Card Support Utility and VAP for 6 button notebook from the Toshiba driver download area.

The new VAP worked fine, and a lot faster i might add, but the FN key refused to bring up the Flash cards. To make matters worse, the version of flash card support utility i downloaded for my paticular model did not even install. It kept giving me the incorrect serial message.

However, a little digging sent me to this thread:

http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=100197

The last post in that thread was really helpful as the flash card support utility I downloaded from the Canadian Toshiba site installed and worked perfectly.

This leads me believe that the download provided for my laptop is nuked.

9. Re: Satellite A200 - slow flash cards
    Master
    Nice to know, that the Flash card support utility from the Canadian Toshiba site works great.
    Thanks for this info!