Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100-906 and Western Digital 250GB

1. Satellite A100-906 and Western Digital 250GB
    Beginner
    Dear All,

First of all, I would like to offer my congratulation for your definitely helpful forum. Concerning my laptop, I have a Toshiba A100-906. I have upgraded its memory to 3GB and now I would like to upgrade its hard disk as well. I am thinking of buying a *Western Digital Hard which has 250 GB capacity*. I am wondering, what is the maximum hard disk size for this laptop and if it supports the hard disk which mentioned above.

Thanks in advance
    Stl from Greece

2. Re: Satellite A100-906 and Western Digital 250GB
    Master
    Hi

Well…not easy to say if a 250GB HDD would be recognized by BIOS because Toshiba doesn’t provide any details about max possible HDD size.

Fact is that a BIOS doesn’t support all HDD sizes due to some limitations.

But in my opinion it’s not possible to use the 250GB HDD. I think it’s simply too large.
    However, this is only my suggestion and maybe you should test it to ensure if it’s possible or not.

Best regards and have a nice day buddy

3. Re: Satellite A100-906 and Western Digital 250GB
    Beginner
    Dear Jeffrey,

First of all, I would like to thank you for you reply. You are absolutely right about Toshiba reports. It doesn't release any information about HDD limitation and I am wondering for the reason about that.

I would like to have a hard disk with large capacity, because I usually rip and keep DVD movies in my laptop. My next choise is also a western digital HDD which size is 160 GB. I think that I will not have problem with it.

Unfortunately, it isn't easy to buy a HDD only for workout, because I will not have the chance to return it back after my purchase. Besides, the worst scenario is that I will have to buy a new one, if my BIOS doesn't recognize it.

I'm definitely confused, but at any case thank you very much for your kindly reply.

Stl
    GR

4. Re: Satellite A100-906 and Western Digital 250GB
    Master
    Maybe you could take your notebook to a local dealer and could test if an second hand 250GB HDD would be compatible. If yes you could by the HDD from this local dealer (technician) the HDD, if not you could test a smaller sizes…