Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: Satellite A210-12U: Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-8505 won't read disks - Error Code 39

1. Satellite A210-12U: Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-8505 won't read disks - Error Code 39
    Beginner
    Hi.

i've had My A210-12U for about five months now and recently for the past few months i've been having some problems with the dvd disk drive.

The thing is that The drive won't actually read any disks, the drive will detect that a disk has been inserted but it just won't read it. It's happend for about a months but its only recently i've really know whats been wrong with it.

The drive i'm currently using is a MAT****A DVD-RAM UJ-8505 ATA

I've scanned the drive for problems with the toshiba assist utility but that didn't come up with anything so i decided to check the drivers.

Windows Vista gave this Message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I uninstalled the drivers and drivers on there and installed new ones that i downloaded here on the toshiba website.

What i really want to know is: Is it a problem with the drivers? is it a case that operating system isn't detecting the hardware? or is it a situation where i should have the drive repaired on its warrenty?

cheers Dan

2. Re: Satellite A210-12U: Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-8505 won't read disks - Error Code 39
    Master
    Hi

Don’t worry buddy… I don’t think it’s a hardware problem. It looks like a corrupted registry entry and it should be solved easily…

Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    …and reboot the notebook

Check also this Toshiba FAQ article:
    http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB7801XL0000R01.htm

…and the Microsoft Knowledgebase
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/en-us

Bye

3. Re: Satellite A210-12U: Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-8505 won't read disks - Error C
    Beginner
    heya mate thanks for replying, i found the file location through regedit. the thing that concers me is ther's only a lowerfilters, no upper one. should i delete it anyway?

4. Re: Satellite A210-12U: Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-8505 won't read disks - Error C
    Master
    Yes… you should do this.
    Then reboot the notebook and check if it helps.

I would appreciate a feedback… good luck

5. Re: Satellite A210-12U: Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-8505 won't read disks - Error C
    Beginner
    great! it all wsorks perfectly. definatly giving you good feedback

6. Re: Satellite A210-12U: Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-8505 won't read disks - Error C
    Master
    Great I could help... and thanks for the points :D