Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Synaptics Touchpad and Pointing Device Driver missing on Satellite A200?

1. Synaptics Touchpad and Pointing Device Driver missing on Satellite A200?
    Beginner
    Hey,

I received a notification of an upgrade on the synaptics touch pad installed on my A200-1m4 notebook and after installing it the touchpad wouldn't respond well, so I rolled back the driver, but it wouldn't use the scroll option. I reinstalled the driver again, but still I couldn't use the scroll function.

On the icon in the taskbar, when I want to see the pressue graph accessory it gives me this msg *Sorry, this program requires a Synaptics TouchPad and the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver* I believe I am missing the second one, so can anyone let me know where I can find the installation file for it.

Thanks Very much in advance,
    Leen

2. Re: Synaptics Touchpad and Pointing Device Driver missing on Satellite A200?
    Master
    Hi

This Satellite A200-1M4 belongs to the PSAE0E series and you have to choose this series number for a driver download.

On the Toshiba European driver page you can find the *Alps Electric Touch Pad driver*. (This driver allows you to set the properties and functions for mouse control) and
    the *Synaptics Touch Pad driver* (This driver allows you to set the properties and functions for Touch Pad control).

Both must be installed!!!

If this doesn’t help then try to roll back the OS to the early time point (before you have updated the driver for the first time)

Bye

3. Re: Synaptics Touchpad and Pointing Device Driver missing on Satellite A200
    Beginner
    Hi,

I have the almost same problem in Vista. I cannot use intall at the same time these drivers.
    If I've done with the Alps, it's clears the Synaptics and same in the other side.

The main problem is I am not able to set up the scroll function when I am using the Alps one.

Can you suggest anything?

Cheers,
    k

4. Re: Synaptics Touchpad and Pointing Device Driver missing on Satellite A200
    Master
    Hi Károly

Your notebook was delivered with preinstalled Vista OS. Right?
    I assume that first time everything worked correctly? Right?

In such case follow the advice posted by user Chad. Try to set the OS to the early time point. If this is not possible take the recovery and restore the OS from the CD.

Best regards