Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Re: No beep when low battery on Satellite A200-1CR

1. No beep when low battery on Satellite A200-1CR
    Beginner
    Hi,
    my Satellite A200-1CR(PSAE0) I did format with my vista cd, not recovery cd.
    The reason was that toshiba had too many things -drivers,programmes- that my pc needed 3 min to open and 3 to close. After the clean installation is really fine, I've never seen it so fast, most drivers were recognised by vista so I installed only 1 or two. I don´t need anything else but I have one serious problem:

There is no beep in low battery so laptop closes suddenly bios setting and windows setting is ok. Does anybody know which driver I should install so this is fixed???

thank you in advance.....

2. Re: No beep when low battery on Satellite A200-1CR
    JohnnyS
    Thats not really a problem. If you had installed the Toshiba Powersaver then this issue wouldn´t appear. So, please visit the Toshiba Drivers & Download site and download the latest available version of the powersaver.

The powersaver enhances your powersaving features and should enable your "beep".

Greetings

3. Re: No beep when low battery on Satellite A200-1CR
    Beginner
    Thanks, but it didn't work.
    After extracting the drivers it had three packs, one for 6 one for 2 and one for no buttons. I installed three of them and I heard the beep only (with the "nobutton package")once when I did a reboot and before entering windows menu after that nothing. I never heard the beep again, any other ideas?

4. Re: No beep when low battery on Satellite A200-1CR
    Beginner
    it keeps doing it.....my laptop beeps for low battery only outside of windows.....ehich means that beeps only when i restart the laptop.....as soon as i see the welcome screen all beeps stop.....can anyone help??

5. Re: No beep when low battery on Satellite A200-1CR
    Seems to be a “normal” behavior and it as I know it’s a BIOS control beep sound.

6. Re: No beep when low battery on Satellite A200-1CR
    Beginner
    yes...i know it is from bios....the problem is that beeps only outside windows....when i work with my pc....it closes suddenly without alerting me.....and that's the problem....i must pay attention to the battery all the time and this is a little bit difficult......what can i do?

7. Re: No beep when low battery on Satellite A200-1CR
    You have to set the battery alarm to a higher level because the Vista uses more battery power as other previous OS.
    I have had a similar issue and I have set the battery alarm to 5%-10%.

8. Re: No beep when low battery on Satellite A200-1CR
    Beginner
    thanks for yor help.....i set it as you said...but still nothing....no beep in low level battery.....do you have any other suggestions?

9. Re: No beep when low battery on Satellite A200-1CR
    Possibly it’s only disabled.
    Check Sound - Sounds - Windows/Low Battery Alarm

Also check in Power Options - Change Plan Settings - Change Advanced Power settings - Battery area / Low battery notification

If it doesn’t help then I assume you need to reinstall everything from the Toshiba European driver page… possibly something is missing which enables the low battery sound alarm.

10. Re: No beep when low battery on Satellite A200-1CR
    Beginner
    finally i solved my problem...the only thing that wanted to install was high definition audio driver from toshiba....and it's solved....although vista had already found the drivers....

thank you all