Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: BIOS update stops running on Satellite P200-17C - ROM file is incorrect

1. BIOS update stops running on Satellite P200-17C - ROM file is incorrect
    Beginner
    I have a P200-17C notebook, and downloaded the BIOS update from TEMPO alerts, however, when I try to run the installation programme I get a message stating that the ROM file is the incorrect size. Can anyone please help me?

2. Re: BIOS update stops running on Satellite P200-17C
    Hi,

a little suggestion from me: go to [THIS|http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_drivers_bios.jsp]
    site and download the latest BIOS for your model type. The BIOS update should work and tempo should stop giving you a message that your BIOS is not up-to-date.

Greetings

3. Re: BIOS update stops running on Satellite P200-17C - ROM file is incorrect
    Beginner
    Dennis

Thanks for taking the time to try and help. Unfortunately, I am still getting the same problem.

I may have to contact Toshiba direct, however, this seems to be quite a challenge, unless I am missing something.

4. Re: BIOS update stops running on Satellite P200-17C - ROM file is incorrect
    Master
    Hi

It seems it’s not a serious problem… the error appears because the BIOS file was not extracted correctly.

Best regards and bye

5. Re: BIOS update stops running on Satellite P200-17C - ROM file is incorrect
    Beginner
    Jeffrey

That worked, first time. Thanks very much for your help.

Doug