Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Which Recovery CD to use with Satellite Pro L20?

1. Which Recovery CD to use with Satellite Pro L20?
    Beginner
    We have several Toshiba laptops in use in our company. I need to restore one (a Satellite Pro L20) to factory settings. However, although I have kept all the recovery CDs, most of them have labels which don't mention which model they are meant to be used on. On some of them I wrote the model number on the label by hand, but I haven't done this for the L20. I know from experience that if I get the wrong recovery CD, I'll have to put the dozens of device drivers and utilities on individually, so finding the right one would save me a lot of time and stress.

Each recovery CD has a part number (e.g. GMR400626EN1), so it should be possible to identify the correct CD from this, but I can find no such info on Toshiba's web site.

Is there a list that matches Recovery CD part numbers to laptop models?

2. Re: Which Recovery CD to use with Satellite Pro L20?
    Master
    Hello

Such info is definitely not available on Toshiba support site. What you can try is to contact authorized service partner in your country. They have access to Toshiba data base and I am pretty sure they can help you.

If you need addresses and phone numbers please check https://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com Support & Downloads Find an Asp.

Bye and good luck!

3. Re: Which Recovery CD to use with Satellite Pro L20?
    Beginner
    Thanks for the info, Joao.

Does anyone out there have a Satellite Pro L20 and the Recovery CD for it?
    If so, if they could post the part number on their CD, that would get me to the answer fastest.