Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Need Toshiba power management tools for Windows Vista on Satellite M30X

1. Need Toshiba power management tools for Windows Vista on Satellite M30X
    Beginner
    Hello everyone,

recently switched to Windows Vista with my Satellite M30X.
    Unfortunately I cannot manage my power options, because Windows doesn't let me to do so with reference to using original Toshiba power tools instead, but those I received along with my laptop are not compatible with Vista.
    There are no files available in this category on Toshiba download site.

Do you have any ideas where to get these tools? Either Toshiba or something different, but still compatible with Toshiba and Vista?
    Or at least how to enable inbuilt advanced power management options in Windows?

Thanks a lot for any advice!
    Martin

2. Re: Need Toshiba power management tools for Windows Vista on Satellite M30X
    Hi

The Toshiba Power saver for Vista was not released for Satellite M30X and it looks like you have to use the Vista own power options.
    But to be honest the Vista own power options are not bad and could be configured easily.

Best regards

3. Re: Need Toshiba power management tools for Windows Vista on Satellite M30X
    Master
    Hello

Your notebook model is not Vista supported and because of that Toshiba does not offer tools and utilities for Vista. In my opinion you should be happy that Vista runs well on this older notebook model and I hope you can use it without any problem.

By the way: have you upgraded RAM?

4. Re: Need Toshiba power management tools for Windows Vista on Satellite M30X
    Beginner
    Hi Eldorado,
    thanks for reply.
    I believe Vista's inbuilt power management tools are good, unfortunatelly these are disabled (it says I should use Toshiba's instead).
    I don't know where to switch this off, maybe BIOS.
    Regards

5. Re: Need Toshiba power management tools for Windows Vista on Satellite M30X
    Beginner
    Hi Andrej,
    thanks for reply.
    Yep, I'm happy it is running:) But you know, if I can choose what shall happen when I e.g. close the cover etc. it'd be better. (which I cannot without Toshiba official power tools since those of Vista are disabled).
    I've upgraded for 2GB of RAM and it seems to be enough, because everything is perfectly smooth.
    Regards