Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Webpages freeze on Portege M400 tablet PC

1. Webpages freeze on Portege M400 tablet PC
    Beginner
    My company have three M400's and we all have the same problem. We are running XP professional. At least 50% of the time the screen freezes when viewing web pages. To unfreeze, I have to minimize and maxim\ise the page and the I can enter data. A typical scenario would be that I didn't realise the page has frozen until I click on a hyperlink and, although I hear the hyperlink click, nothing happens on the screen until I minimise and maximise. Once the screen has unfrozen, I can see that the PC has already jumpedto the new page but couldn't display it.

This seems to suggest a problem with the graphics dislpay hardware/softare.

Any thoughts as to what is going on? Anyone else had this problem? This is very annoying as our customer software is mostly web-based.

2. Re: Webpages freeze on Portege M400 tablet PC
    Enthusiast
    First remove the Intel Proset Utility in system management -> Add remove Programs
    Second start msconfig and look for the Adobe Faststart for the Acrobat Reader (Sorry, but I don't remember the exact name). Deactivate it.
    Now your system hangs should be gone.

3. Re: Webpages freeze on Portege M400 tablet PC
    Beginner
    I have had this problem of the M400 freezing repeatedly, when using the internet and otherwise. I do not think that it is a software issue. I was advised by Toshiba to remove the Intel Proset Utility and also try to remove the Adobe Faststart which I could not find. After removing the Intel Proset Utility, I have lost wireless connectivity at home. All other computers are fine except my Tablet. Grateful for suggestions and advice.

4. Re: Webpages freeze on Portege M400 tablet PC
    Enthusiast
    Please check the version of the fingerprint reader software.
    There is a known problem the Internet Exlporer hangs or responds slowly with the ProtectorSuite less than Build#2934.
    You can download the actual version here: http://support1.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-files2/0/fp-sw-20070906141023.zip