Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A10: I lost Recovery CD - How to get one?

1. Satellite A10: I lost Recovery CD - How to get one?
    Beginner
    Hi

I'm trying to reinstall Windows XP on my Satellite A10 but I lost the recovery CD.
    I got a "normal" Windows XP installation CD I'm trying to use to reinstall but the installation won't take the serial number on the botton of my laptop....

Do you know what's a workaround for this?
    And in last instance how to get a copy of the installation CDs.....

Best Regards

Meme

2. Re: Satellite A10: I lost Recovery CD - How to get one
    The key which can be found on the bottom of the unit is only an OEM key.
    This means that it works only with the OEM version which were preinstalled and delivered together with the notebook. Simply said, you cannot use this key with other Windows OS.

If you want to reinstall the OS from the original Windows CD then you have to use the key which belongs to this CD!

At the other hand you can order a new recovery CD from the ASP in your country.
    Just contact the guys. They could help you to order it.

Bye

3. Re: Satellite A10: I lost Recovery CD - How to get one?
    Master
    Dear Meme

There is no work around. The key placed at the bottom of your notebook belongs version on recovery image and it is not a kind of “universal key”. If you use legal copy you should have the right key.