Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Restore recovery partition on Satellite Pro A200

1. Restore recovery partition on Satellite Pro A200
    Beginner
    Hi,

I accidently deleted the 5Gb recovery partition on my Sat Pro A200. I have since recovered it (and the data inside) and have tried to create my recovery disks using the 'Recovery Disc Creator' but it is telling that it cannot find the recovery partition :(

I tried fishing through the ini files for the recovery disc creator to find where it looks for the partition, but couldnt find anything...

One thing i have noticed is that now it is recovered, it appears as an NTFS fs (i think before it was an Unknown FS type??) and has volume label 'HDDRECOVERY'.

Any ideas as to how i can either:

a) trick the recovery tool into using the recovered partition
    b) make the partition look exactly like it did before i deleted it, so i can use the tool as is.

Would really appreciate any help - want to make those recovery disks for my vista ultimate before i go dicking around and whacking backtrack on it :)

ta

frank

2. Re: Restore recovery partition on Satellite Pro A200
    Master
    Hi

> accidently deleted the 5Gb recovery partition on my Sat Pro A200. I have since recovered it (and the data inside)
    I wonder how you have restored the deleted partition. Possibly the recovery partition parameters are not the same as before and therefore the 'Recovery Disc Creator' doesnít work correctly.

Unfortunately, in my opinion you will be not able to trick the recovery tool if the recovery partition cannot be found.
    You can only rename the NTFS FS partition. This can be done in the disk management console.
    But I donít think that this will solve this issue.

It seems you will have to reinstall the whole OS again using the Toshiba Recovery CD or the original Microsoft Vista CD

bye