Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Need recovery CD for Satellite M30 Series

1. Need recovery CD for Satellite M30 Series
    Beginner
    Hi all!

I lost my recovery CD and in France they say that's not possible to resend another to me (they said it's old and they don't have it by them).

First question: is it possible to use a CD from another Toshiba (same model)?
    Second one: If so, can anybody send it to me? I live in Paris!

Thanks in advance.

2. Re: Need recovery CD for Satellite M30 Series
    Master
    Hi

Satellite M30 is pretty old notebook model and I can imagine that authorized service partner can not order original CDs anymore.

It will be much better to buy Microsoft WXP installations CD (on eBay it is not expensive anymore) and you can install WXP on your own. All necessary drivers, tools and utilities you can find on Toshiba support page.

For me it is the best solution for you.

3. Re: Need recovery CD for Satellite M30 Series
    Master
    Theoretically it should be possible to use recovery from other Satellite M30 but much faster solution is to install own OS with Microsoft installations CD. As Ivan already wrote you can download all drivers and Toshiba stuff from support page.