Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite M45: Can I make recovery without the disc

1. Satellite M45: Can I make recovery without the disc
    Beginner
    Hi,

My DVD driver does not work because of Virtual VCD Drive program. (I hate that prog)
    When I try to uninstall Virtual VCD, everything goes crazy and no executable file can be executed.

So I have to install factory image by using image on the HDD.
    I did it tens of times on other notebook (CTRL +F11) but I could not figure out how I can do that on my Toshiba Satellite M45.

I appreciate your help
    Thanks

2. Re: Satellite M45: Can I make recovery without the disc
    Master
    > Can I make recovery without the disc?

What to sayÖ I have created an own image file of the OS using the Norton Ghost Utility and stored this file on the second partition.
    In this case I can always use this image file to restore the whole ďCĒ partition and I donít need the recovery CD.

Iíve made a good experience with Ghost Utility and in my opinion itís one of the best tools to create the images and backups.

Best regards

3. Re: Satellite M45: Can I make recovery without the disc
    Beginner
    > {quote:title=egurbas wrote:}{quote}
    > My DVD driver does not work because of Virtual VCD Drive program. (I hate that prog)
    > When I try to uninstall Virtual VCD, everything goes crazy and no executable file can be executed.
    >
    > So I have to install factory image by using image on the HDD.

Why have not you just tried to restore one of earlier Windows states
    with Windows Restore? Reinstalling Windows after any problems
    caused by installation of bad progs seems to be not very adequate method.
    It must be used only if any other tools will fail.

> {quote:title=egurbas wrote:}{quote}
    > I did it tens of times on other notebook (CTRL +F11) but I could not figure out how I can do that on my Toshiba Satellite M45.

I know nothing about the specific Satellite M45 model, but the corresponding procedure must be
    described in User's Manual for M45.