Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba Accessibilty TACSPROP (Fn keys) is not working on my Satellite A100

1. Toshiba Accessibilty TACSPROP (Fn keys) is not working on my Satellite A100
    Beginner
    Notebook A100-097

I am experiencing a problem with my keyboard's special *FN keys* managed by the program "*TACSPROP.exe*" which is in *C:\Programmi\Toshiba\Utilities\.*
    This program is not starting automatically at boot and also if I run it manually from it's path a window is coming saying *"Questo sistema non può utilizzare Toshiba Accessibility"*(in Italian: "*This system cannot use Toshiba Accessibily*").

I cannot identify the proper installer for the program in the list of drivers you provide on the support download page but I can tell you that the program is in the same directory where the Software *Hardware Support* is installed.

Please, can you provide me with the installer for this program? I think I'll have to try reinstalling it.
    Is it possible it has been marked as a Spyware from Vista or AVG? Maybe some windows update changed something...

Please HELP!!!

Thanks in advance

2. Re: Toshiba Accessibilty TACSPROP (Fn keys) is not working on my Satellite A100
    Hello

These kinds of problems are very strange for me and I am asking myself why this happen. The fact is that recovery image (recovery DVD) is very good configured and there is definitely no problem with FN keys usage. All those FN keys functions are tested and it must work well. All necessary services will start with OS and you must be able to use all FN key functions.

I do not want to speculate what is wrong there but I can not imagine you have this problem from the first day.

Now the question is: why this happen to you? Do you use factory preinstalled OS or you have installed your own OS version?

3. Re: Toshiba Accessibilty TACSPROP (Fn keys) is not working on my Satellite A100
    Beginner
    I am using the original installation from the recovery CD... After that for a while it was working but i kept upgrading my system with Windows Update, AVG Antivirus and Antispyware softwares, boot processes control software(in order to disable unuseful software programs).
    I work in IT, I know quite well the tricks and problems that can arise with such softwares...anyway I'm only asking you to have this single *installer program* for TACSPROP that has maybe been modified by the above mentioned security softwares.
    The syntoms indicated let me presume that there is a component missing or changed version after un update. What other files do this TACSPROP.exe needs to run?
    Thanks

PS: Are there any other software available that manages the FN keys? I don't per force need the TACSPROP, but any that would do the job!!

4. Re: Toshiba Accessibilty TACSPROP (Fn keys) is not working on my Satellite A100
    The fact is that your problem occurs after installing different updates and different software. In one thing I agree with Terentino. Recovery mage is optimal configured and the software for FN keys usage starts at Vista start up and you can use it without problem.

So, you have installed boot processes control software and I presume there is the problem. Who knows what you have disabled there.

Try to install VAP again. Maybe it will set the right parameters and the right service will start with OS again. I am not software development but I know for sure that there are not several different ways to start FN keys functionality.

5. Re: Toshiba Accessibilty TACSPROP (Fn keys) is not working on my Satellite A100
    Beginner
    Thanks Horwath!

VAP did the trick, I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new (or same) for 6 buttom model (is that correct?) and now my keys are working!

WOW!!!
    Thanks again!