Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Need ATI driver for Satellite A200 under linux

1. Need ATI driver for Satellite A200 under linux
    Beginner
    Hi,
    I need the ATI mobility radeon 2600 HD driver for my Satellite A200 and the software toshiba power saver running in LINUX version.
    thanks.

2. Re: Need ATI driver for Satellite A200 under linux
    Hi there,

The problem is that Toshiba does not provide any linux drivers, so you won´t get any linux support from them which means no powersaver and no ATI drivers.

But regarding the ATI drivers you can also check the following site:
    ati.amd.com/support/drivers/linux/linux-radeon.html

The source may be with you. :)

Greets

3. Re: Need ATI driver for Satellite A200 under Linux
    Beginner
    I need thos too! The most funniest thing is that standart drivers from ati.com doesn't work.
    But it also has power saving and temerature controls! So I don't see any reason why it should work.

P.S. on my other notebook with ati mobilty radeon 2600 everything works just fine. ;(

4. Re: Need ATI driver for Satellite A200 under linux
    Beginner
    I also have a A200 with Radeon HD2600 on Ubuntu, I used an application called Evny http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html although it says NVidia there it does do ATI cards as well. The application detected the my graphics card, download and install the Linux drivers and version of catalyst. I am new to Linux with this computer and had a friends who know linux help me through most of it but it seemed pretty easy.

It worked with me on Ubuntu what version of Linux are you running?

5. Re: Need ATI driver for Satellite A200 under Linux
    Beginner
    zygimantas,

"on my other notebook with ati mobilty radeon 2600 everything works just fine. ;("

Are you running Linux on the 2600? Which notebook is that?

Cheers,

Bill

6. Re: Need ATI driver for Satellite A200 under Linux
    Beginner
    >I used an application called Evny
    Thanks, I will try.

>Are you running Linux on the 2600? Which notebook is that?
    Asus F3Ka with newest ATI drivers from ati.amd.com works better than fine. It runs superbly. And since ATI Mobility Radeon has overheating control (see: http://ati.amd.com/products/mobilityradeonhd2600/specs.html ) I have had no problems with temperature.

Regards,
    Zygimantas