Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A200-1M5: Strange sound from FAN, COU or HDD

1. Satellite A200-1M5: Strange sound from FAN, COU or HDD
    Beginner
    I have a brand new A200-1M5 a bought it 10 days ago and 4days ago a started to hear wierd sound from the fan or cpu or may be hhd i don't know!!!

When windows stars i get continuos fan power. I mean like vooom, sound with air coming out.
    Or not this sound but every while a voooom sound from the fan 1 sec and disappear 1-2min another sound!!

I also one wanted to turn on the pc it won't turn on!!!
    There is light on the AC lamp but not on the battery!
    I then took the battery off then put it in its place again and the pc started normally!!

Help me

p.c. my ram is 2mb

2. Re: Satellite A200-1M5: Strange sound from FAN, COU or HDD
    Master
    Hello Cezar

Issue as described you should clarify with your local dealer or Toshiba service directly. I have Satellite A200 too and my notebook is pretty quiet and described issue is not normal for me.

Sorry but to say for sure if there is something strange or not I should have the notebook in front of me. Second issue with battery is also strange and it is definitely the second reason for contacting ASP.

3. Re: Satellite A200-1M5: Strange sound from FAN, COU or HDD
    Master
    Hi

I agree with Andrej. Brand new notebooks should run well and without those ‘strange sounds’. Please contact your local dealer at first and confront him with this issue.