Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: How to partition the HDD using Recovery CD - Satellite P35-S6112

1. How to partition the HDD using Recovery CD - Satellite P35-S6112
    Hi All,

First, I have read tons of messages within this support site and then decided to open a thread.

My Notebook Model Nr: P35-S6112
    Recovery DVD Code: TK143/PMAE00127012

I am trying to re-install the sytem with two disk partitions but no chance. Recovery DVD (procedure) doesn't provide me any option to separate the hard disk in two different partitions as commonly known as C and D when re-installing the system.

Many support experts claim that during installation two install modes appears and (Expert Mode) allows the user to divide the hard disk in partitions.

Please let me explain how do I re-install.
    A-) I simply put the recovery dvd in the drive and boot from dvd drive.

B-) First black screen comes and asks my confirmation to proceed for recovery (F1 means yes.)

C-) Then second screen appears with two warnings as decribed below.
    1-) Ensure that the recovery CD/DVD is in the CD/DVD drive.
    2-) Keep the CD/DVD in the drive until you are asked to rremove it.
    To continue press (C). To abort press (A) ?

D-) Then I select (C) and recovery procedure starts without asking me if I wish to separate disk in different partitions. So, installation finishes and creates one whole C: drive.

I would like to know if this partioning feature is included in recovery DVD or should I pay for some additional software to separate my hard disk in two poor partitions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Re: How to partition the HDD using Recovery CD - Satellite P35-S6112

Recovery procedure for European notebook models is very well known to me but I believe you have an US notebook model. Unfortunately I didnít saw how it works for US notebooks but I presume it must be similar to European models.

Anyway if you say that you can not use expert mode installation I believe you. If there is no way to use recovery media I recommend you to use Partition Magic software. It is very powerful software and using it you can manage HDD and create own partitions or change the capacity of already persisting partitions.

Good luck!