Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P200-17C: Cannot install some Toshiba Vista tools

1. Satellite P200-17C: Cannot install some Toshiba Vista tools
    Beginner
    Where do I start, planned to upgrade , brand new machine to Vista Business as I need to connect to domain - Vista home prem (OEM) is no good.

Checked with tech support who advised me to download drivers from the site which i did (why are they not supplied with the machine?)

Upgraded system, tried to install ATI driver it fails ! (notice this driver has been removed from the site). Password Utility fails (reporting wrong serial no), sd utility fails (reporting wrong serial no). Value added packages fails to install all components, specifically (TOSHIBA components common driver, and TOSHIBA Flash cards).

Tried tech support, who advised to upgrade bios, however that also failed!

*So now have amachine that will not read flash cards, no function keys work, and the toshiba diagnotic tool does not work.*

Apparently this has now been escalated, but have to say, it very disapointing that there are not clear instructions on this process, as I presume there will be many users who wish to upgrade the same path as I am trying to do.

Any advice or help in the meatime would be greatfully appreciated !

2. Re: Satellite P200-17C: Cannot install some Toshiba Vista tools
    Master
    Hi

>it very disapointing that there are not clear instructions on this process
    First of all I wonder why you said something like that ?:|
    I think you are not newbie and should be able to install some simply drivers. Or I’m wrong?
    You have visited the Toshiba European driver page then you have noticed that there are different P200 series.
    Hopefully you have downloaded the right drivers for the right series. The P200-17C belongs to the PSPB6E. Check this!!!

Furthermore I have found a installation instruction txt file on the driver page. Seems you didn’t see it!
    You have to follow the installation order mentioned in this txt file!!!

Good luck

3. Re: Satellite P200-17C: Cannot install some Toshiba Vista tools
    Beginner
    JABA

I downloaded the correct drivers!!!!!!!! as displayed on the site. (for the correct version)

I followed the instructions in the given order !!!! Have you seen the instructions (Honestly , *I'm no newbie*, I'd like to see a 'newbie' understand, they would be confused as they would have no idea as the driver are named diffrently on the intructions)

There are also multiple versions of the same driver, so which one do you pick? I would pick the newest, however apprently this is not necessarily true.

So I think my comment is more than justiied, especially given I called tech support prior to update, to ensure their would be no problem.

*Has anyone tried this process and succeded, as advice or help is what i need please !*

4. Re: Satellite P200-17C: Cannot install some Toshiba Vista tools
    Master
    >There are also multiple versions of the same driver, so which one do you pick? I would pick the newest, however apprently this is not necessarily true.
    Don’t know what you mean. I have checked the Toshiba driver page for this notebook and didn’t notice any double versions.
    There is a “double” entry for Flash Media Driver but if you will check the “More info” you will see that one driver is for your Bridge Media Slot. This slot lets you insert either a SD card, Memory Stick (Pro) or xD picture card. The other driver is the Flash Card Support Utility which enables your computers Flash Card slots.

Would additionally recommend checking the More info

5. Re: Satellite P200-17C: Cannot install some Toshiba Vista tools
    Beginner
    > I have checked the Toshiba driver page for this notebook and didn’t notice any double versions.
    > There is a “double” entry for Flash Media Driver but if you will check the “More info” you will see that one driver is for your Bridge Media Slot. This slot lets you insert either a SD card, Memory Stick (Pro) or xD picture card. The other driver is the Flash Card Support Utility which enables your computers Flash Card slots.
    >
    > Would additionally recommend checking the More info
    Hmmm would appreciate some advice more than RTFM. So which do I use ? and what order.

*Here are the install instructions as supplied, so not sure what driver matches what ? (apart from the obvious)*

1 Windows Vista RTM
    2 Intel ICH7M Chipset Utility native
    3 Intel 945GM Display Driver
    or
    3 nVIDIA G72MV-A3/NB7P-GS Display Driver
    4 Realtek ALC861D Audio Driver
    5 Realtek 10/100 8101E/ Gigabit 8111B LAN Driver
    6 Synaptics Touch Pad Driver (with LuxPad)
    7 ALPS Touch Pad Driver
    8 TI Multiple Digital Media Card Reader
    9 TOSHIBA Software Modem
    10 Intel Golan Wireless LAN Driver
    11 Intel Kedron Wireless LAN Driver
    12 Atheros Wireless LAN Driver
    13 Chicony Camera Software
    14 Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba
    15 Bluetooth Monitor
    16 TOSHIBA Value Added Package
    17 TOSHIBA Flash Cards Support Utility
    18 TOSHIBA Hardware Setup Utility
    19 TOSHIBA Supervisor Password
    20 TOSHIBA SD Memory Utilities
    21 TOSHIBA ConfigFree
    22 TOSHIBA Assist
    23 TOSHIBA Speech System
    24 TOSHIBA Extended Tiles for Windows Mobility Center V1.01
    25 TOSHIBA Fingerprint Utility V5.6.0.3221

6. Re: Satellite P200-17C: Cannot install some Toshiba Vista tools
    Beginner
    Hi I have this laptop, too, and im very happy with it but lost my recovery cd so got all the downloads from the site but some of the software on the site will not install because it says wrong serial number.