Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M400 - Toshiba Flash Cards crashes on Vista

1. Portege M400 - Toshiba Flash Cards crashes on Vista
    Beginner
    Toshiba Flash Cards crashes on Vista when windows is set to use the "windows standard" colour scheme under appearance settings, (for your information, I prefer to use this mode as vista runs quicker, uses less battery power and less system ram in this mode).

However it does not crash immediately, instead it seems to crash whenever I rotate the screen (which happens quite often as Iím using a tablet pc) with the previous version of the software it crashed on boot however that seems to have been rectified with this version although not completely, however when it crashes it will not fully close even if i force task manager to end the process (rather than just the task).

(Portege M400 - vista home premium - tosh flash cards v.2.00.02)

Many thanks - Garthark

2. Re: Portege M400 - Toshiba Flash Cards crashes on Vista
    Master
    Hello

It is very interesting issue. Have you noticed the same using standard Vista colour scheme?

3. Re: Portege M400 - Toshiba Flash Cards crashes on Vista
    Beginner
    as in vista skinned with the vista standard theme no it doesn't crash

4. Re: Portege M400 - Toshiba Flash Cards crashes on Vista
    Beginner
    bump? any more ideas? (past questions have been forgotten hence me bumping)

5. Re: Portege M400 - Toshiba Flash Cards crashes on Vista
    Master
    Hi

It is very interesting issue. I have tested it on two notebooks A200 and P200 and it works with all themes.

I really do not know what is wrong in your case. Try to disable Flash cards and test if the same happen again.

6. Re: Portege M400 - Toshiba Flash Cards crashes on Vista
    Beginner
    edit - ah there's a newer version of tosh flash cards out... will post back once tested

did you try rotating the screen a few times? i have managed to get it to crash only after i rotate the screen
    and you do realise i mean that Toshiba flash cards crashes not windows itself so disabling it would mean that it isn't running so then it wouldn't be able to crash?!? please correct me if I've misunderstood

Message was edited by: garthark

7. Re: Portege M400 - Toshiba Flash Cards crashes on Vista
    Beginner
    nope still broke - refer to post above for details

8. Re: Portege M400 - Toshiba Flash Cards crashes on Vista
    Beginner
    Hi, this application has never worked well with VISTA.. it was updated to v2.0.4 in the value pack v1.16 and installing this version might solve your problem.

9. Re: Portege M400 - Toshiba Flash Cards crashes on Vista
    Master
    Hello again

On Toshiba support page there is latest Value Added Package version 1.1.7. As far as I know some bugs were fixed with this version. Try to remove preinstalled VAP and install this from European Toshiba support page.