Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Is there a Toshiba Power Saver for Satellite M45 with Vista

1. Is there a Toshiba Power Saver for Satellite M45 with Vista
    Beginner
    Dear All,

Is there is a version of TOSHIBA Power Saver for windows Vista that dont check the model of the laptop before the installation because I have Satellite M45-S265 and I know that it is not supported for Vista but I successfully got vista working on it TPS on it so any help I'll be thankful.

Regards,
    *Eng. Mohamed Hussein*

null

2. Re: Toshiba Power Saver M45 Vista
    Master
    Hi

You are right about Vista support. As far as I know there is no ‘universal’ power saver version but in my opinion you do not need it at all. Power saver tool for Vista does not look like old version and under Vista many settings have been taken over Vista itself.

Because of that I am pretty sure you do not need it at all. Be happy that Vista works well on your Satellite notebook. Optimize OS and enjoy it.

3. Re: Toshiba Power Saver M45 Vista
    Beginner
    Thanks Mores,

I thought that TOSHIBA Power Saver for vista like Windows XP so it can dynamically allocate CPU speed and it decrease the contrast of thescreen depending on the battary status, am I wrong?

Regards,
    *Eng. Mohamed Hussein*

Message was edited by: Mohamed Hussein

4. Re: Toshiba Power Saver M45 Vista
    Master
    > I thought that TOSHIBA Power Saver for vista like Windows XP so it can dynamically allocate CPU speed and it decrease the contrast of the screen depending on the battery status, am I wrong?

Yes, this are the advantages of the Toshiba Power Saver but as said above the Toshiba power saver for Vista is not available!