Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Recovery DVD for Satellite L40-143

1. Recovery DVD for Satellite L40-143
    Beginner
    Hi all,

I have a huge problem with my network options. My Windows Media Player 11 *(OS: Vista Home Basic)* cannot stream from the internet and the same applies to other programmes and players. Also the options of WMP 11 disappeared and now there is only the tab "burn". I tried everything but I wasn't able to fix the problem.

The last thing that springs to my mind is to use the recovery dvd in order to solve this problem. Unfortunately I don't have the recovery dvd right now.
    My question is: Is it possible to download a recovery dvd data for Toshiba Satellite L40 - 143 somewhere?

If somebody knows a solution for my initial problem, please feel free to share it with me ;)

Thanks in advance!

Mladen

Message was edited by: mrmladenov

2. Re: Recovery DVD download for Satellite L40-143?
    >My question is: Is it possible to download a recovery dvd data for Toshiba Satellite L40-143 somewhere

No, itís not possible to download the recovery CD
    This CD can be purchased from the ASP in your country.

Did you try to set the OS to the early time point?
    Check if this possible and if this procedure will help you!

3. Re: Recovery DVD download for Satellite L40-143?
    Beginner
    Yes, I tried this! Unfortunately the error seems to be quite old.

As for the recovery cd, I will then have to wait for my own one, which I received when I bought the laptop.

Itís just quite upsetting that I have to use a recovery cd to solve this problem, as everything else apart from the streaming from the internet and the media player seems to work fine. But it's something I often use to watch the news and is therefore quite an important function for me.