Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege R500 with XP: Offline files from server do not work

1. Portege R500 with XP: Offline files from server do not work
    Beginner
    I have a strange problem with a brand new R500 with XP installed. Offline files does not work: I can copy files down from servers, but when I attempt to copy back, I get an error

"Offline Files (XXX on YYY): Access to ZZZ is denied on ZZZ."

where XXX is either a samba share or a normal windows share. I have all the permissions to access those files, and can edit them if I go online without synchronising offline changes.

I would ask this on the XP group, but I've +never+ seen this on any other laptops I've used (including Toshiba). Offline files to these servers still works for me on an older laptop (running an up to date XP), using the same account details and even using the roaming profile. Its also not related to any of the standard Offline files problems that are turned up on Microsoft's Knowledge Base.

What more can I test - this problem seems specific to this laptop, and if I can't use offline files, the machine is practically useless to me (modulo paying for, and then setting up an equivalent piece of software).

Should I try uninstalling TrueSuite for example?

Anthony

2. Re: Portege R500 with XP: Offline files from server do not work
    Beginner
    I have disabled the TrueSuite File Protection and now offline files work.

This would seem to be really important limitation to the software, and I can't find any supporting documentation about TrueSuite, nor any updates for it.

Anthony

3. Re: Portege R500 with XP: Offline files from server do not work
    Master
    Thatís a great information!!!
    Thanks for sharing this with us!!!