Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: After Vista x64 BIOS update Satellite A200-1KB PSAE6 requests BIOS password

1. After Vista x64 BIOS update Satellite A200-1KB PSAE6 requests BIOS password
    Beginner
    Well, I have used the BIOS updater listed on the drivers/bios updates section of Toshiba website, on Windows vista x64 and offcourse I have used the x64 executable.
    Strangely, when I reboot it, it requests a bios password that I have never inserted. So I suppose the update inserted a password automatically. Now I can't boot from any device so I cant use the laptop.

What do you have to say about this?

2. Re: After Vista x64 BIOS update Satellite A200-1KB PSAE6 requests BIOS password
    Master
    Hello MC

Have you founded some answers? Nobody offered here real explanation what can be wrong there. Have you maybe contacted authorized service partner in your country. They have contact with Toshiba and I am pretty sure they can help you about that.

If you will find out something regarding this password issue please let us know.

3. Re: After Vista x64 BIOS update Satellite A200-1KB PSAE6 requests BIOS password
    Beginner
    The first thing I've done was contacting toshiba technical center of my country and the answer was: "you will have to send the notebook to the toshiba technical center in order to unlock it but you will have to pay for the job."

So, I have activaded the warranty because I dont wanna pay more. Thanks.