Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100-447 wont accept 1GB flash memory or memory stick?

1. Satellite A100-447 wont accept 1GB flash memory or memory stick?
    Beginner
    I have had my laptop since March and have been using a compact flash 128 or 256 Mb via adaptor with no problems.
    However, I have now purchased a 1Gb (for my Eos 300D) but my laptop says cannot find software???

I then purchased a memory stick USB 2.0 1Gb, but my laptop wont accept that either??? In both cases it searches windows for solution, then asks for the disc to accompany the hardware. My husband (good PC knowlege) is at a lost as am I.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Re: Satellite A100-447 wont accept 1GB flash memory or memory stick?
    Beginner
    I have now bought a 512mb compact flash card and it doesn't work either still requests drivers.

Have dug out a mulitmedia card 512mb with photos on it, and tried it in the multimedia slot at the front and requesting drivers for that too?????

Help!!

3. Re: Satellite A100-447 wont accept 1GB flash memory or memory stick?
    Master
    One moment please; are you speaking about the USB sticks which are plugged to the USB port?

Well, usually all USB devices should be recognized without any bigger problems.
    Sometimes the 3rd party devices are delivered with a driver but generally the OS should recognize it as new device!

Do you use Vista OS???

If yes please disconnect all USB devices and remove all USB ports from the device manager.
    Then reboot the notebook. After OS has loaded the ports should be recognized again. Then you should try to plug the USB stick again.

PS: Please check if the Vista was set up to date!! This Microsoft document describes several USB issue with Vista and provides a new patch:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941600/en-us