Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M600: keyboard issue

1. Portege M600: keyboard issue
    Beginner
    Hi,

My M600 just got a tiny problem (hope so) today.

The 'x key' doesn't function well. I need to press very hard on this key to show the letter 'x'. It seems the top-left part of this key is stuck so it leans to bottom-right when I press it. How can I fix this problem?

I'm located in Glasgow (G4 0JQ) and not sure if there is any maintenance service office here, but simply find out the nationalwide Pick-Up & Return Service for Notebooks from website. However, I prefer to handle it face to face with the engineer in couple of minutes because I assume it's not a big deal, isn't it?

Thanks a lot,
    Ting

2. Re: Portege M600: keyboard issue
    Master
    Hi Ting

What to say? You know that the best solution is ASP and eventually keyboard exchange. I really do not believe you can fix it alone.

I recommend you to check http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an ASP. You will see where the nearest ASP is. Make a call and you will see what they will say about keyboard issue.

3. Re: Portege M600: keyboard issue
    Beginner
    Yeah i got same problem too, My "Y" key got to press hard when typing.

I'm not sure this is about the driver, i think this is hardware case.

Maybe I have to bring this to the service center.
    Anyone can tell me where to buy M600 keyboard spare part ??
    Thank you

4. Re: Portege M600: keyboard issue
    Master
    Hi

As already suggested you can buy the spare parts from the ASP in your country!
    The link was already provided above.

Bye