Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M400: Power LED is Blinking Orange

1. Portege M400: Power LED is Blinking Orange
    Beginner
    When I tried to boot my computer, the computer did not turn on, but the power LED start blinking orange and the fan spins with a loud noise. This does not happen every time, but it happens often. What happen to my laptop?

2. Re: Portege M400: Power LED is Blinking Orange
    Enthusiast
    This is called blinking code.
    Write down the sequence of long and short flashs. It repeats after a longer pause.
    In most cases the problem is related to power and charging. Try to use your notebook with AC adapter connected but removed battery. If the problem is solved replace the battery. If not you have to go to your local service partner because the problem occurs from systemboard.

Regards,
    Robin

3. Re: Portege M400: Power LED is Blinking Orange
    Master
    I agree with robintt. The blinking LED provides an error code.
    Short means 0 and long means 1.
    The technicians can read this code and can find out what the problem could be.

If the procedure described above does not help, you should contact the ASP in your country for an notebook check. Maybe itís a hardware problem related to the power supply electronic.