Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Toshiba Power Saver Fatal Error code 0x51A in Tecra M9

1. Toshiba Power Saver Fatal Error code 0x51A in Tecra M9
    Beginner
    I have just bought 5 Tecra M9 and I have the same problem with all of them every time I start the laptops:

'TOSHIBA Power Saver
    A Fatal Error has occurred. This program will be terminated code 0x51A'

And sometimes:
    'TPSMain.exe Application Error
    The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000043). Click OK to terminate the application'

If I try to open Toshiba Power Saver utility from the Control Panel It resend me to select Toshiba Power Scheme from the Power Scheme list, in Power Options but there is not any Toshiba Power Scheme on the list.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. Re: Toshiba Power Saver Fatal Error code 0x51A in Tecra M9
    Master
    Hi

Did you try to reinstall this Toshiba power saver utility?
    Please do it!

I have had a similar Power saver problem on my Satellite notebook.
    Finally I have solved this issue reinstalling the Power saver and the Toshiba Common Modules Utility.
    The common modules are necessary to run other Toshiba programs like Power saver for example.

Just another hint; mostly such program error appears due to a corrupt registry.
    You could use the freeware tool like “CCleaner” to clean the registry entries.

Best regards

3. Re: Toshiba Power Saver Fatal Error code 0x51A in Tecra M9
    Beginner
    Thank you for your answer.
    I tryed to uninstall or reinstall Toshiba Power Saver but I couldn't, the same error come up during the uninstallation.
    I tryed with CCleaner as well but nothing have changed, the error still appears when I start the laptop.
    And I have installed the common modules.

Regards.

4. Re: Toshiba Power Saver Fatal Error code 0x51A in Tecra M9
    Master
    If you cannot uninstall the TPS then try to install the new power saver over the old version.
    By the way; on the Toshiba European driver page I found new Vista Value Added Package update which contains new Power saver version.