Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Strange issue with synaptics touchpad v6.2 on Satellite L30

1. Strange issue with synaptics touchpad v6.2 on Satellite L30
    Beginner
    I keep getting a 'bubble' come up telling me that another pointing device is overriding my touchpad, and thus I am unable to use the touchpad because it freezes / jumps / constantly displays this message.

This started 4 weeks ago (only had the laptop 7weeks) and problem is becoming progressively worse; it starts quicker and only stops when I reboot (which takes a while with Vista!)

Had no reply and really at wits end. Its soooooooooo frustrating!
    I'm not great with computers, but have checked all settings & even when the pointer isn't working, it says it is working fine on its 'properties'.

None of my neighbours have wireless / bluetooth or infared pointers. At wits end.
    PLEASE HELP!!!

2. Re: Strange issue with synaptics touchpad v6.2 on Satellite L30
    JohnnyS
    Hi,

did you already tried to make a system recovery on your machine with the shipped recovery media? Maybe it would be worthy to give it a try, but if this doesn´t helps, then contact the next available service partner of toshiba and send/bring your machine to them for a hardware-checkup or a repair.

If you need some help to find the nearest available service partner in your country then check this link:

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/generic_content.jsp?service=EU&ID=ASP_SUPPORT

Nice weekend
    John

3. Re: Strange issue with synaptics touchpad v6.2
    Beginner
    I have tried everything I know of, including downloading new drivers.

Do I have to pay for this 'help' at the centres you linked to, because I don't feel like I should be charged!

Thank you!

4. Re: Strange issue with synaptics touchpad v6.2 on Satellite L30
    JohnnyS
    Hm, if you have warranty on your machine then it shouldn´t cost you anything.

5. Re: Strange issue with synaptics touchpad v6.2 on Satellite L30
    Master
    >I keep getting a 'bubble' come up telling me that another pointing device is overriding my touchpad

This is very uncommon and my first thought was a software problem because of the message posted above.
    As suggested the installation from recovery CD should helps.
    If this issue will appears after installation of some 3rd party programs then it looks like these programs could have a bad influence on the installed touchpad driver