Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A200-10W: I lost Touchpad dual mode after Windows update

1. Satellite A200-10W: I lost Touchpad dual mode after Windows update
    Beginner
    I got a satellite A200-10W. The touchpad worked fine the begining. Then a windows update was installed and i lost the dual mode on my touchpad.

It gives me normal function as a touchpad but the button mode doesnt work. It doesnt light up, it doest give me button options,the volume control doesnt work, it doesnt even scroll in normal mode either.
    I reinstalled the drivers both synaptics and alps,but no avail.

How can i ever use dual mode again ?

Thanks for any help !!!!

2. Re: Satellite A200-10W: I lost Touchpad dual mode after Windows update
    Master
    Hi

Very strange… I didn’t notice any problems with touchpad after the windows update.
    I have updates my windows and then have lost the sound. After new reboot I have run the update and the sound come back…

But in you case it looks like the MS updates could have a bad influence on the touchpad functions.

Did you choose the right touchpad drivers for the PSAECE series?
    The Synaptics Touch Pad Driver allows you to set the properties and functions for Touch Pad control.
    And the Alps Electric Touch Pad Driver allows you to set the properties and functions for mouse control.

Maybe you have to configure the settings again after the new installation of the touchpad drivers ?:|

But did you try to update the Windows Vista again? Sometimes you have to reboot the notebook to get all necessary updates which will fix the issues.

In worth case, recover the notebook and do not perform the windows updates…

3. Re: Satellite A200-10W: I lost Touchpad dual mode after Windows update
    Beginner
    Actually I have the same problem now. It might have appearet either after installing vista update or after I bought an "external" mouse. I don't know what to do but this little thing disappoints me badly. the problem is that this touchpad doesnt shine blue any more and doesnt react to doeble mode switcher. I couldn't find advanced settings for mouse either by the way.

4. Re: Satellite A200-10W: I lost Touchpad dual mode after Windows update
    Master
    Hi

To be honest I believe that different Windows updates can have negative influence on notebook functionality. The problem is that Vista is ‘small baby’ and I suppose in the next months we will hear about lot similar issues. I just hope that Toshiba has noticed all this and will inform Microsoft.

It is really nothing new that after OS updates different functions are gone. Try to roll back OS to earlier time and hopefully mouse buttons will work again.

5. Re: Satellite A200-10W: I lost Touchpad dual mode after Windows update
    Beginner
    Just to add weight to this problem. I upgraded to Windows Business Vista and found that the scrolling action on the touchpad had gone. Very frustrating not being able to use it. Is their a fix for this?

6. Re: Satellite A200-10W: I lost Touchpad dual mode after Windows update
    Master
    Seems that the Vista update has a bad influence on the Synaptics and Alps Electric touchpad drive.
    I think you have to wait till this was solved.
    Maybe it’s a good idea to take a look from time to time on the Synaptics and Alps Electric websites.