Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Not possible to change the booting order in the BIOS on Satellite Satelite A10-403D

1. Not possible to change the booting order in the BIOS on Satellite Satelite A10-403D
    Beginner
    I want to be able to boot on CD or USB KEY at start up but, in the BIOS its not possible to change the boot sequence...

Thank for helping me ! :)

2. Re: Not possible to change the booting order in the BIOS on Satellite Satelite A10-403D
    Master
    Hello Nerach

It will be interesting to know which notebook model you have. By problem description it is always useful to know exact notebook model.

When you switch off your notebook press F12 and let us know what happen exactly. By the way: can you explain us what happen when you try to change boot order in BIOS settings?

3. Re: Not possible to change the booting order in the BIOS on Satellite A series
    Beginner
    My notebook is Toshiba Satelite A10-403D.

When I press F12 when I switch OFF my notebook, nothing append.
    When I press F12 when I switch it ON, Nothing append too :/

I have access to the BIOS by pressing 'ESC' then F1.
    I can not change the boot order. I just can change date, time and the boot password.

This BIOS is ONE of these most weird BIOSs I have never seen !

4. Re: Not possible to change the booting order in the BIOS on Satellite A series
    Master
    Hi

This notebook A10-403D series is not known to me but it seems it uses a Toshiba BIOS.
    The F12 button should enable the boot menu. You have to press the F12 immediately after notebook powering!!!
    The booting from the CD/DVD drive can be enabled pressing the “C” button immediately after notebook powering too.

But it’s very strange that you cannot change the booting order in the BIOS!!! This is unusual…