Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Creating Vista Recovery disk on Portege M400

1. Creating Vista Recovery disk on Portege M400
    Beginner
    I have upgraded an M400 which came with XP to Vista Business. Launching the Toshiba Recovery Disk utility delivers a message "not HDD partition found". The management console shows a recovery partition - though it probably still has the XP recovery info.

Anybody got ideas on how to transfer in a Vista recovery image into this partition? Is this available from Toshiba somewhere in the world? I can get my tech support people to chase it if we know it exists....
    Cheers

From Australia

2. Re: Creating Vista Recovery disk on M400
    Hi,

maybe you should properly format the drive and remove ALL partitions with an external program (like UBCD -> "Ultimate Boot CD") and then try it again.

It can be that the XP recovery partition is blocking the new recovery/installation process.

If I were you I would try this format-thingy.

Otherwise grab another HDD and try it with this. ;)

Cheers

3. Re: Creating Vista Recovery disk on M400
    Beginner
    Overall my Vista install is running beautifully so I don't think I will zap it! But your suggestion of getting a separate disk and setting it up fresh is good.

Still looking for clues on whether there is a Toshiba Vista restore disk out there yet for the M400... (And if so, how to get it)

cheers
    Rod