Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A135-S4677: Question about removing of installed Toshiba tools

1. Satellite A135-S4677: Question about removing of installed Toshiba tools
    Beginner
    Hello All,

Just bought Toshiba Model: A135-S4677...at Circuit City. I see that the Google Toolbar is already installed. Probably installed by Circuit City and not Toshiba. Has anyone tried to uninstall this bloatware?

I have not yet tried uninstall. I can only think that this would not be a simple uninstall thru the Windows uninstall program.

Has anyone had experience doing the removal? Also,
    Are there any other preinstalled programs that could slow down the notebooks resources... that should be unstalled?

Thanks everyone for your help.

2. Re: Satellite A135-S4677: Question about removing of installed Toshiba tools
    Heyho,

where´s the problem, just uninstall that google stuff. My mum had it on her machine (which us actually not from toshiba) and I just removed it. Everything went fine and the machine works perfectly.

Otherwise I would let the other tools which are hardware related stay on your system.
    If you got some other questions, feel free to ask.

Greets

3. Re: Satellite A135-S4677: Question about removing of installed Toshiba tools
    Master
    Hi

I know what you mean…. But listen dude…. The Toshiba notebooks are equipped with many additional features.
    These features need different little applications!!!

Please don’t compare the notebook technology with a simply desktop PC.
    Desktop PCs don’t need any additional applications which are running in the OS background but notebooks.

Of course you can remove everything from the OS but you will be not able to use for example the FN keys or other functions!