Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100-590 PSAA9E freezes on Toshiba welcome screen after BIOS update

1. Satellite A100-590 PSAA9E freezes on Toshiba welcome screen after BIOS update
    Beginner
    Hi.

Yesterday I did a BIOS update on my Satellite A100-590 PSAA9E-03Z00QGR with the appropriate flash:

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_driver_details.jsp?service=EU&selCategory =2&selFamily=2&selSeries=153&selProduct=624&langua ge=17&selOS=10&selType=all&yearupload=&monthupload =&dayupload=&useDate=null&mode=userMachines&search =&action=search&macId=&country=all&selectedLanguag e=17&type=all&page=1&ID=58477&OSID=-1&driverLanguage=42

bios-20070709111839.zip

After the flashing procedure the machine rebooted automatically, but unfortunately it now keeps hanging at the Thoshiba welcome screen. Also pressing F2 or F12 won't change anything. It seems like the BIOS is corrupt.

I saw, that in the BIOS package are delivered two flash files (s10gm590.rom and s10pm590.rom). But just executing the SanAntonion10 BIOS590MP.exe a .vbs script is started that decides automatically chooses and loads a flash file. Maybe it chose the wrong one?

What shall I do now? Is there a way to restore the BIOS, or do I have to send my notebook in?

Thanks in advance

MAT

2. Re: Satellite A100-590 PSAA9E freezes on Toshiba welcome screen after BIOS update
    Hi,

sounds really serious. Unfortuntely I can just give you the only hint you will get from every user here in the forum:

Find the next nearest authorized service partner (you can find one by using this link: http://209.167.114.38/support/Download/ln_byModel.asp )
    and bring your machine to them. By the way you should explain that guys what happened so they can do something for you.

Good luck buddy

3. Re: Satellite A100-590 PSAA9E freezes on Toshiba welcome screen after BIOS update
    Master
    > Satellite A100-590 PSAA9E freezes on Toshiba welcome screen after BIOS update

What to say Marc…. It looks like you have used a wrong BIOS version or you have updated the BIOS in wrong way.

You could try to access the BIOS and try to set the settings to “default”.
    Don’t forget to save the settings if you will exit the BIOS.

But if this procedure does not help, you will have to contact the ASP in your country.
    Possibly the guys will try to flash the BIOS again with other special version.

Good luck

Greetings

4. Re: Satellite A100-590 PSAA9E freezes on Toshiba welcome screen after BIOS update
    Beginner
    Well thank you guys. I'll send it in then.