Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Is it possible to upgrade the CPU of Satellite A100-906?

1. Is it possible to upgrade the CPU of Satellite A100-906?
    Beginner
    Is it true that i can change my CPU on Satellite A100-906 ?! For example with Core2 Duo 2.16Ghz ?

2. Re: Is it true ?!
    JohnnyS
    Hi buddy,

shortly I can say: no

And if you want to know why then read this post. It should answer almost all your questions.

http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=23852&messageID=87516

Nice weekend and greetings

3. Re: Is it true ?!
    Beginner
    Ty for the good answer ... but somewhere i read about it ... are u sure cuz that post that u gave me was not for satellite?! ty

4. Re: Is it possible to upgrade the CPU of Satellite A100-906?
    Hi there,

I think what John meant to say is: it is not possible because it´s too expensive and you won´t gain some really big speed. I don´t know where you read something, but I think if you were a toshiba technician and would be familiar with electronics and the machines or especially with your machine than you won´t have a problem to exchange it.

I already tried to perform such exchange on my Satellite P20 some months ago. I can truly tell you: it didn´t bring me really some speed or performance. You will gain more performance by upgrading your RAM or your harddisk, but not with exchanging your CPU.

And it doesn´t matter which machine do you have regardless if you own a Satellite, Satellite Pro or a Tecra. The result is the same because the models have all the same componentes (but not similar hardware :) )

Greets

5. Re: Is it true ?!
    Beginner
    ok that was enough for me :) ty ... btw i already upgrade my Ram to 2gb and 160 gb hard :)

Ty for the answers :)
    Closed

6. Re: Is it possible to upgrade the CPU of Satellite A100-906?
    Beginner
    ty for the answers :)

Edit: ops sry about the 2 posts.... :/ my posts name was changed ... and sry for the bad title too :D

Message was edited by: iNtaCt