Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite Pro 6100: cursor disappears in the upper right or lower left corner

1. Satellite Pro 6100: cursor disappears in the upper right or lower left corner
    Wis
    I guess due to mis function of the keyboard pointer device the cursor often disappears and is difficult to get back on the screen. Switching off in the bios is not possible.
    Does anyone has a suggestion how to disable this pointer device? I have seen that the connection from the keyboard consist of two parts a cooper colored part 5 wires and a silver colored part. Would the copper colored part be from the pointer device and what will happen is I simply disconnect the copper colored part of the connector? I am using a USB mouse so I do not need this device
    Satellite Pro SP6100 /SP610E

Message was edited by: Wis

2. Re: Satellite Pro 6100: cursor disappears in the upper right or lower left corner
    Enthusiast
    Hi,

if you really donīt need it you should disconnect the copper colored part, I think this might be the mouse. The mouse connection contains usually less wires then the keyboard connection, so it should work.
    On the other side I would suggest you to go to ebay and to search for a new (can be also used but working) keyboard, because I donīt know if itīs really healthy to work with the machine with some connectors or cables internally disconnected.

Greets