Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100: Where to get a working Synaptics touchpad driver for Vista?

1. Satellite A100: Where to get a working Synaptics touchpad driver for Vista?
    Beginner
    Hi,

I've just upgraded from Windows XP Home SP2 to Windows Vista Ultimate on my Toshiba Satellite A100.
    I was wondering where I could download a driver for Synaptics touchpad that works?

I tried the generic drivers from Synaptics' website, but they do not install completely (the second component always fails to install).
    Then I tried the ones from Toshiba's website, but The Vista-compatible ones display an error that says error code "#5B4 @10".

Then I tried The Windows XP-compatible drivers, and they work perfectly, except the fact that I cannot configure enhanced features such as virtual scrolling and tap zones.
    I click on the icon in the tray, click on The Device Settings tab, and whenever I click on The Settings button nothing happens.

Any help?

2. Re: Satellite A100: Where to get a working Synaptics touchpad driver for Vista?
    Master
    Hi

Usually the driver from the Toshiba page should be fully valid and should works.
    Please note that there are different A100 series and if you download any drivers, be sure that you choose the right drivers for the right notebook series.

Did you check if the touchpad settings can be set and changed in the control panel??
    As far as I know the touchpad properties can be set in the “Mouse” option which can be found in the control panel!!!

In the “Device settings” tab you should select the “synaptics touchpad” and press “settings”.
    New window will pop up and you will find many options controlling the touchpad settings!!!

bye