Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Want upgrade 2x1GB FSB667 RAM von Satellite A100

1. Want upgrade 2x1GB FSB667 RAM von Satellite A100
    Kutzi
    Hello,

i have a A100 mit Intel T2300 (FSB667) an 2x512MB RAM (@ FSB553).
    I want to upgrade to 2x1GB FSB667 (http://www.alternate.de/html/product/details.html?articleId=125766&showTechData=true)

Is this possible? Are there any known problems with modules from MDT?
    I think, beside the benefit of 1GB more RAM, there should be a increase because of the equal FSB - is this right? Even the timings of the MDT-RAM are not that bad (for FSB667-modules).

Thanks in advance

2. Re: Want upgrade 2x1GB FSB667 RAM von Satellite A100
    Master
    Hi

If notebooks FSB supports 667MHz, the memory modules 667Mhz should be compatible and should run ok.

I have no experience with the MDT memory modules because my favor the Kingston modules.

Anyway, it’s your choice what you want to use… but generally the performance of brand name modules is much better as the performance of no-name modules.

3. Re: Want upgrade 2x1GB FSB667 RAM von Satellite A100
    Kutzi
    MDT is a brand (maybe only in germany) ^^ ...
    My Intel T2300 runs at FSB667 but the memory Toshiba put in the Notebook runs only at FSB533. So i hope i could gain an additional increase in speed.

4. Re: Want upgrade 2x1GB FSB667 RAM von Satellite A100
    Master
    The memory modules which are delivered with the notebook supports only 533MHz and therefore they run at 533Mhz.
    But the notebook supports definitely 667Mhz modules…

But you should know that both modules must support 667Mhz!!! You cannot mix 533Mhz with 667Mhz module. In such case both modules will run only at 533mhz.

5. Re: Want upgrade 2x1GB FSB667 RAM von Satellite A100
    Kutzi
    > But you should know that both modules must support
    > 667Mhz!!! You cannot mix 533Mhz with 667Mhz module.
    > In such case both modules will run only at 533mhz.

That's the reason why i want to buy two modules. I sell the old ones on ebay and only use the two new modules.
    Well ... i'll try it and hope it will work as i wish.