Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra M2: Vertical lines appeared and can't get past the Toshiba screen

1. Tecra M2: Vertical lines appeared and can't get past the Toshiba screen
    Beginner
    I was watching a movie on WIN DVD and my TECRA M2 froze I restarted it, I noticed blue vertical lines on the windows loading screen and then the screen went white, I restarted the pc and it gan't get past the toshiba screen just black screen. Some folks told me it's the VGA others the Hard Disk. What do u think?

2. Re: Tecra M2: Vertical lines appeared and can't get past the Toshiba screen
    Master
    Hi

For me it looks definitely like the graphic card malfunction!
    This is really bad because mostly the whole motherboard must be replaced! :(
    But to be 100% sure the diagnostic test is needed.

I think you should contact the ASP in your country. Explain the guys the situation and ask for details.

Maybe your warranty is valid?? In such case all replacements would be done fro free!
    Usually the warranty should be valid for 24 month if you have registered this notebook on the Toshiba page.

regards

3. Re: Tecra M2: Vertical lines appeared and can't get past the Toshiba screen
    Master
    If possible test it with external monitor. When the problem persists there is definitely problem with VGA and the whole main board must be replaced. Tecra M2 is older notebook and I do not believe the warranty is still valid.

If you need ASP address and phone number you can find it under http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an ASP.

Good luck!