Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100 PSAANE: display moves from side to side

1. Satellite A100 PSAANE: display moves from side to side
    Beginner
    Hi

Spanking new A100-PSAANE (on Vista Premium Home Edition) problems:

1) LCD display -
    Suddenly the display starts moving sideways as if you are in a merry-go-round and everything is running sideways! When I close the lid and open it again all is well and the display is exactly the same as it was before the problem started!

2) Hitting the scroll bar causes restore -
    Quite often hitting the scroll bar causes that window to restore and clicking the same again causes the window to return to maximize.

Anyone knows the solution to these please???

2. Re: Satellite A100 PSAANE: display moves from side to side
    Master
    Hi

Your issues sound very strange and therefore it would be very interesting to know some more details;

Regarding point 1.) Do you mean the whole display or the single windows??
    Did you try to change the screen resolution??? What graphic driver do you use???

Regarding point 2.) What scrollbars do you mean exactly??? Did you mean the “internet explorer” window scrollbars or the "Windows Explorer" scrollbars???

Finally it would be very interesting to know if these issues happen on fresh recovered Vista OS. I would like to know if the same happens on notebook with factory settings!!

3. Re: Satellite A100 PSAANE: display moves from side to side
    Beginner
    Thanks ever so much for replying!

1) Yes the whole display runs sideways - I've only just changed the res one step down and will see what happens. In the display settings it says Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family (is that the driver??)

2) Yes it happens when pressing the "windows explorer" scrollbars.

This is a notebook with factory settings I believe since its only one and a half months since I bought it at Dubai Airport and have not done any changes to the original installation!

Thank you.

4. Re: Satellite A100 PSAANE: display moves from side to side
    Master
    Thanks for the information!!

1.)
    > I've only just changed the res one step down and will see what happens
    Don’t switch the resolution to a lower level. Something similar happened to me. After changing of screen resolution I was not able to see the whole desktop image and I have had to scroll down and sidewards to see the whole picture.

2.)
    This is a Intel graphic card and I would firstly recommend updating the graphic driver.
    Try to use the graphic driver from the Intel page.
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2301&lang=eng

I would recommend firstly to download the graphic driver, then to uninstall the old driver from the device manger and after new reboot try to install the new one.

After this installation procedure reboots the notebook and check if the issues appear again!