Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Windows XP Professional upgrade to Vista on Satellite A100

1. Windows XP Professional upgrade to Vista on Satellite A100
    Beginner
    Has anyone had problems obtaining the Windows Vista upgrade from Moduslink?
    I purchased a Toshiba Satellite Pro A100 in Nov 2006 and applied with all the necessary COA, serial numbers etc required for the Vista upgrade in early February 2007 which was well within the deadline for applying.

I have just been advised by Moduslink that the order has been cancelled and that I am now outside the timeframe for receiving a new order.

Toshiba have told me that they are not software manufacturers so cannot help, likewise Microsoft have advised that they are not partnered with Moduslink so they cannot help.

Any help or advise please??
    John

2. Re: Windows XP Professional upgrade to Vista on Satellite A100
    Hi there,

just one question: why didnīt you upgraded within the Timeframe which was given to you? Why did you wait? Did you think they will prolongue it??

So, if I were you I would contact Moduslink over phone and try to explain them the whole thing, and maybe you will get the upgrade.
    But what I really donīt understand is, why you are disappointed of Toshiba, but you did not follow the policy of Moduslink....

Greets

3. Re: Windows XP Professional upgrade to Vista on Satellite A100
    Hi John Bibby

I have read your message in another thread:
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=24047

It seems the Moduslink was unable to charge the costs of your Upgrade order using the credit card details you provided.

So why you have waited and did not contact the moduslink company and your bank to clear the credit card problem?! Sorry but a really donít understand you!
    Last but not least the Toshiba and Microsoft donít control the upgrades! Only the Moduslink is responsible for the Vista upgrades and delivery!

4. Re: Windows XP Professional upgrade to Vista on Satellite A100
    Enthusiast
    Come on Markus, you like Moduslink? I had myself troubles with this company. In the end I cancelled my order. And believe me, lots of people became the answer that they couldn't proceed the order due to troubles with the credit card. This company is mysterious. They are located in the netherlands. If you have to call them you have to pay 1Ä per minute. You should not protect them. Just search google about this company and you will know what I am talking about!

[Edited by: admin]

5. Re: Windows XP Professional upgrade to Vista on Satellite A100
    I do not protect them and Iím not a fan of Moduslink Company.
    As I said in previous message this company is responsible for the Vista upgrades.
    Donít blame Toshiba or any others for upgrade difficulties.
    I didnít upgrade my XP by moduslink but I bought an Vista Ultimate reseller package (full version) for 180Ä
    That was a good deal.

6. Re: Windows XP Professional upgrade to Vista on Satellite A100
    Beginner
    Marcus,

I had no reason to contact Moduslink as I thought that the order was been processed. Checking the account details and order tracking lead me to believe that the order was being processed (order was placed on 3rd February). Then out of the blue came this stupid reply about cancelled orders and being out of time for new orders. Don't know who Moduslink are but don't deserve to be in business.