Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Card reader driver for Satellite M30X-134

1. Card reader driver for Satellite M30X-134
    Beginner
    Hello,

where can I find the flash card reader driver for my M30x-134? None of the support page seems to make it and i cannot find out who is the manufactor.

Thank you,

Patrick

2. Re: Card reader driver for Satellite M30X-134
    Hi there,

where did you tried to download the drivers?

Here are some link suggestions, where you can probably find the drivers:

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/download_drivers_bios.jsp (Toshiba - Download drivers)

http://209.167.114.38/support/Download/ln_byModel.asp (Toshiba of Canada Limited - Drivers and Downloads)

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_home.jsp (Toshiba USA)

I hope you´ll find what you search

Greets

3. Re: Card reader driver for Satellite M30X-134
    Beginner
    Thank you for your advises. Unfortunately I still cannot find the driver. On the canadian site i was able to download some files called "SD Format" and "SD Driver Set", but Windows XP didn't accept them. I have in mind that this is a 6-in-1 card reader, so it should support more formats then the SD. There are two unknown entries in the Device manager, both are called "PCI FLASH-MEMORY". When i started the notebook for the first time (with OEM Windows XP) the card reader worked. Now i have an own license installed which didn't come with the notebook. Could this be the reason? Does anyoneone know who is the manufactor of the build-in card reader?

4. Re: Card reader driver for Satellite M30X-134
    Beginner
    Hello, I got a similar problem.

From some research i did I could find out one needs the ENE cardbus drivers. Which you can also download from Toshiba support.

Anyway - if I install them - no devices are detected by windows itself - and if I add them manually windows tells it can't start the device. Can anybody help me with this?

5. Re: Card reader driver for Satellite M30X-134
    Hi there,

did you activated the SD-Card service??

If not then do the following:

click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> Smartcard; then start the smartcard service if not already did and enable it as a service.

Hope it will work ;)

bye

6. Re: Card reader driver for Satellite M30X-134
    Beginner
    Finally! The ENE Cardbus driver from the support page is for the PCMCIA slot but in its folder there is another archive called "Cardbustdriver-Cardreader.zip"...and that is the solution. Perhaps toshiba should make a special link for it or give a hint.

Thanks to all for your help!