Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Portege M400: Since installing Vista the Advanced Instant Security does not work

1. Portege M400: Since installing Vista the Advanced Instant Security does not work
    Beginner
    Since installing vista the Advanced Instant Security does not work, HD accelerometer works fine. Has anybody any suggestions?
    Done the usual re-install

2. Re: Portege M400: Since installing Vista the Advanced Instant Security does not work
    Master
    Hi

Have you installed all listed Vista tools & utilities from Toshiba download page?
    I hope you have used ‘Installations Instructions’ document to install all stuff in the right installations order.

Is ‘Security Assist’ installed on your Portege notebook?

3. Re: Portege M400: Since installing Vista the Advanced Instant Security does not work
    Master
    Hello

After 4 hours I have installed Vista on M400 and tested ‘Advanced Instant Security’ option. It works. Do not log off using standard log off way but log off clicking on START > All Programs > TOSHIBA > Tablet PC > Advanced Instant Security.

After doing this the notebook will be switched into log off modus but after moving the notebook the alarm will be started. Please test it again. It should work.

4. Re: Portege M400: Since installing Vista the Advanced Instant Security does not work
    Beginner
    all latest tools and utilities installed from the vista download
    followed the instructions to the word.

Menu and program files folder suggests AIS is installed

select AIS from the start menu and the system logs-off but moving the unit does not cause any audible alarm.

It all worked fine under XP but you have made me wonder since I did not test it in XP after the unit was sent back for repair due to poor performance, HDD and motherboard replaced, returned without bluetooth module, wonder if there is something else not reconnected properly also.

If you select 'setup accelerometer utilities' from Toshiba/tablet pc do you have any options for AIS in that menu because i do not.

5. Re: Portege M400: Since installing Vista the Advanced Instant Security does not work
    Master
    No. but in my opinion it has nothing to do with this alarm. For this alarm you can not choose the ‘sound’. It is like some alarm and it works if you choose it from START > All Programs > TOSHIBA > Tablet PC > Advanced Instant Security.

When you click on it the computer will be locked. By moving the notebook the alarm starts and it will stops when you click on users ‘icon’. That’s all!!!

6. Re: Portege M400: Since installing Vista the Advanced Instant Security does not work
    Beginner
    That's the point! clicking on START > All Programs > TOSHIBA > Tablet PC > Advanced Instant Security. does not work, it logs off but no audible alarm occurs when you move the PC. It did work pre-repair running under WXP.

I was just wondering if there was a menu option that I had missing on the setup routine which you suggest I do not.