Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite P100-10P: Some XP drivers don't work - Where to find new drivers

1. Satellite P100-10P: Some XP drivers don't work - Where to find new drivers
    Beginner
    HI, I just bought one P100-10P for gaming. It comes with Vista, but a lot of games don't run on this OS, so I want to install XP.

The XP drivers I downloaded from Toshiba are working only for some components, and I dont't know what to do...
    It seems right now I have a very expensive typing machine:)
    Any ideeas?

2. Re: Satellite P100-10P: Some XP drivers don't work - Where to find new drivers
    Master
    Hi

For most Vista OS notebooks the XP drivers are not available or itâ??s not easy to find the right drivers.
    But what XP drivers are you looking for?

The Satellite P100-10P is belongs to the PSPAGE series!
    I checked the Toshiba driver page and found all necessary XP drivers!!!
    So whatâ??s the problem?!

3. Re: Satellite P100-10P: Some XP drivers don't work - Where to find new drivers
    Beginner
    I tried with these drivers, but as I said only some are working. For example, the sound driver doesn't, the network card driver doesn't, infrared drivers also not working.
    Also, there are drivers for fingerprint reader on toshipa page, but the laptop doesn't have one. I think this means they have posted the drivers from another product.

Message was edited by: arthur_radu

4. Re: Satellite P100-10P: Some XP drivers don't work - Where to find new drivers
    Master
    These are the right drivers!
    The fingerprint software was placed on the Toshiba page because this notebook was delivered with different hardware specifications! Some units support fingerprint and some donâ??t!

The installation instruction was placed on the Toshiba page! Install everything in the right order!!!! This is important!!!!

��and then enjoy the life ;)

5. Re: Satellite P100-10P: Some XP drivers don't work - Where to find new drivers
    Beginner
    I didn't took in account the right order when installing drivers, maybe this was the problem.
    I will try again during the weekend, and I will let you know.
    Thanks!

6. Re: Satellite P100-10P: Some XP drivers don't work - Where to find new drivers
    Beginner
    According to the installation instructions I must first install the XP updates, and only after this the drivers. How do I install MS updates without LAN/WLAN drivers installed?

7. Re: Satellite P100-10P: Some XP drivers don't work - Where to find new drivers
    Master
    Install the Microsoft updates at the end…..

8. Re: Satellite P100-10P: Some XP drivers don't work - Where to find new drivers
    Beginner
    OK, will do...

9. Re: Satellite P100-10P: Some XP drivers don't work - Where to find new drivers
    Beginner
    Installed it last night... couldn't wait for the week-end, everything is fine!
    3Dmark scores on xp more than 15% higher than on vista (in 3d mark 05 a jump from 6005 points to 7040 points)
    just one question: is it possible to install a second hdd (raid 0)?
    THANKS!

10. Re: Satellite P100-10P: Some XP drivers don't work - Where to find new drivers
    Master
    Nice to hear that!

> Just one question: is it possible to install a second hdd (raid 0)?
    No, the Select-Bay is not available