Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Vista on Satellite A100 - Unknown device listed in device manager

1. Vista on Satellite A100 - Unknown device listed in device manager
    Beginner
    Hallo,

I have installed Vista on my Satellite A100-771. I have also installed all the drivers downloaded from the Toshiba Support site.
    But when Vista starts, one message come out always ----- new hardware founded. I really don't know which hardware it is.

There is a unknown Device in device manager, and windows cannot find the driver for this device online.

Can anyone help me?
    Thanks a lot!

2. Re: Vista on Satellite A100 - Unknown device listed in device manager
    Hi there,

may I ask you which drivers you´ve downloaded? And regarding the new founded hardware: Did you checked your device manager for that device?
    What is standing there as the non-installed device? Mass-storage or multimedia? Please be more precisely with your explanation and don´t forget the drivers to list.

Thx

3. Re: Vista on Satellite A100 - Unknown device listed in device manager
    Master
    Hello

Last week I have installed Vista on A100-504 for my friend. It is the same notebook with PSAA9E model number like your.

I have installed all offered stuff like described in ‘Installations instructions’ document and there was no entry about unknown device in device manager. It is really not easy to say what is missing but be sure you have installed all stuff in the same order as listed in this ‘installations instruction’ document.

4. Re: Vista on Satellite A100 - Unknown device listed in device manager
    Beginner
    Hi ,

in my device manager standing only "andere Geräte"-----another device.and below it, "unknow device" is showed.

thx

5. Re: Vista on Satellite A100 - Unknown device listed in device manager
    Install the Toshiba Vista Value Added Package.
    Someone has had a similar issue with unknown device after Vista update and the Value Added Package from ie. Toshiba Canada site has solved this.

Anyway, for me it’s not a serious problem if all necessary devices work correctly.

6. Re: Vista on Satellite A100 - Unknown device listed in device manager
    Beginner
    maybe the answer to your problem is here: http://support.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB7501W20006R01.htm