Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Built in camera driver not found on Satellite A200-130 Vista

1. Built in camera driver not found on Satellite A200-130 Vista
    Beginner
    In my new Satellite A200-130 (with integrated 1.3m Camera), cannot find any Camera Software/Driver installed.
    It shows Chicony USB 2.0 Camera in Device Driver > Imaging Devices, but cannot find the software shortcut anywhere in Start > Programs as User Manual says.

Please help ...

2. Re: Built in camera driver not found on Satellite A200-130 Vista
    Master
    Hello

Check please in the taskbar near the time there must be placed Camera assistant software icon. If you can find it there please remove the mouse pointer on the left display side and in the middle of the left display side will occur menu where you can start web cam application.

I have checked it on the P200 but it must be the same. This Camera assistant software is also listed under Start > All Programs. I can really not understand how you can not find it on your A200 notebook.

3. Re: Built in camera driver not found on Satellite A200-130 Vista
    Master
    Hi Mohammed

I cannot understand why you are not able to use this cam!
    The Toshiba recovery CD and the preinstalled image contain definitely the cam software and drivers!!!
    So take the Andrejís advice and check it carefully again!

4. Re: Built in camera driver not found on Satellite A200-130 Vista
    Beginner
    Have the same problem but ith a200-1ae. There is no camera assistant software on my computer. Can you tell me how can I install it without preinstaling the system?

5. Re: Built in camera driver not found on Satellite A200-130 Vista
    Master
    Hi guys

The software is already installed and appears in the taskbar!!! You have to move the mouse course over this icon and you could start it!!!

@Leonidas:
    You posted the second thread about the same theme. Please check this:
    http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=23587

Goos luck to all the guys

6. Re: Built in camera driver not found on Satellite A200-130 Vista
    Beginner
    I had searched in all locations but it was not pre-installed.
    But it is solved now,when i dowloaded the camera asst.software from site and installed in my laptop.
    Thanks ....