Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Tecra 9100: Jumpy cursor and scrolling not smooth.

1. Tecra 9100: Jumpy cursor and scrolling not smooth.
    Enthusiast
    Hello,

I have this problem with my Tecra 9100 that after moving my cursor for a few seconds it 'leaps' to whatever direction I was pointing to. This is very annoying. Aswell as this, when I scroll, it is not smooth at all but like the cursor, it 'leaps'. So when I try scrolling down a page I've gotta be careful because it might just leap to the bottom! Thought I should also mention that dragging Windows is jumpy too.

I am almost certain that these three problems are all related to each other.

Before, my laptop was fine with none of the problems above. This was until error messages saying 'Delayed Write Failed' popped up out of the blue. Such errors I have found to be related to the hardrive not functioning correctly.

Optimisticly, I formated Drive C and put a fresh installation of Windows on to see if this would fix my problem. Surely it would?... Nope. How about I download the MouseWare driver that my laptop came with?... Still doesn't fix the problem.

I've run out of ideas and don't think a software update will fix my problem. I believe it's to do with my hardware (namely speaking, hard disks). I've got 2 hard disks. Coincidently, 'Delayed Write Failed' error messages shows up on both my hard disks.

Please reply, thankyou.

2. Re: Tecra 9100: Jumpy cursor and scrolling not smooth.
    Enthusiast
    Yes! I have finally distinguished what is causing my problems! After all the trouble I went through I have just discovered that a Video Card driver update is what fixed it! It's not perfect but atleast I can scroll alot more smoothly! :)

3. Re: Tecra 9100: Jumpy cursor and scrolling not smooth.
    Master
    Great info. Thanks for the sharing