Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Satellite A100-998: Can Vista Upgrade Disc be used without the Toshiba Disc?

1. Satellite A100-998: Can Vista Upgrade Disc be used without the Toshiba Disc?
    Beginner
    Hi all,

After 8 weeks wait i finally received my vista upgrade a couple of weeks ago, but when i put in the toshiba disc it said to use first i found that the disc is faulty. i contacted moduslink but did not receive any help from them. What i wanted to know is can i upgrade to vista without using the toshiba disc??

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100-998 Laptop with Windows XP Professional with media centre. the upgrade is for vista business. Any advice on this issue would be gratefully received!!

Thanks
    Dave

2. Re: Satellite A100-998: Can Vista Upgrade Disc be used without the Toshiba Disc?
    Master
    Hi

I’m a little bit confused… What CD or DVD is faulty??
    The received Vista DVD or the Toshiba recovery CD??
    In my knowledge the received Vista CD upgrades the old Toshiba XP to Vista… so I think you need the original Toshiba XP image for Vista upgrade…

3. Re: Satellite A100-998: Can Vista Upgrade Disc be used without the Toshiba Disc?
    Beginner
    I received two discs, one is 'Windows Vista Business Express Upgrade' and is sealed and has the product key on. And the other disc i received is labeled 'Step by Step Upgrade DVD-ROM'.

It is this disc that does not work. I haven tried the other disc yet as i didn't want to break the seal incase i had to send it back. Sorry if i was not clear enough before and thanks for replying to my post.

Thanks
    Dave