Welcome to the Toshiba Support Forum, created for customers and enthusiasts to share knowledge, solve problems and discuss technology. To join the discussion, please login or register.

Thread: Looking to replace my Tecra 9100

1. Looking to replace my Tecra 9100
    Beginner
    Hi all,

My tecra 9100 is defective and in need of a new motherboard so it's time to invest in a new laptop, i won't bother repairing it as i was quoted £320 for a mother board.

Is there a model that would be compatible with my old power supply and docking station ?

thanks

2. Re: Looking to replace my Tecra 9100
    Hm, maybe a Tecra S1 would be compatible, but this machine counts now to the old ones so it would be better to look on newer machines.

I suggest you to buy a newer tecra (e.g. Tecra S2 or S3) and purchase a new port replicator like the third of the series because the "Port Replicator III" has many benefits and its downward compatible to almost all machines with a docking port.

Greets

3. Re: Looking to replace my Tecra 9100
    Master
    I have older Tecra M1 and I use it with the same docking station. It is older notebook model but really good one and extremely quiet. I dont know which screen resolution you prefer but my Tecra M1 has 1440x1050.

I can really recommend this notebook for you.

4. Re: Looking to replace my Tecra 9100
    tabbycat
    You should consider what features you need in the replacement.
    While the Tecra M1 is fully compatible with your present port replicator, I would suggest you consider the Tecra M2, as this has a superior graphics adapter and fair performance, enough to power Vista.
    Admittedly your existing port replicator won't be compatible, but having used various Tecra models, I have chosen a Tecra M2 as my 'every day' machine, as opposed to the older M1.
    Here in the UK a Tecra M2 can be picked up on eBay for as little as 160.